Embedded Test Engineer
The Embedded Test Engineer is responsible for testing hardware/firmware for new and in-market embedded M2M/IOT devices. Products include wireless location tracking devices and Android based tablets. This is a full-time position.
SyncWise is headquartered in San Diego, California, is a leading provider of technology content and services for the Location Based Industry. SyncWise maintains a diversified IP portfolio in four primary market segments: M2M Intelligence, Golf Location Solutions, Vehicle Telematics and Geo-Data Solutions.
As an Embedded Test Engineer, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring and bold mission.
The Test Engineer plays a key role in supporting hardware and firmware development of new and in-market embedded M2M/IOT devices. The Test Engineer will work within a cross-functional team of local and international engineers under the direction of the Project Manager. The Test Engineer is to become an expert in all products being built and supported by our Company, and will contribute to embedded testing and user-case/application testing. Products include wireless location tracking devices and Android based tablets.
The ideal candidate must be a quick learner, have a passion for technology, and be comfortable analyzing complex circuits to understand the relationship between embedded firmware and hardware. The candidate must be able to function in a fast-paced small company environment, wear multiple hats and independently solve problems with minimal supervision. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently execute test plans and scripts to validate new device firmware/software releases
- Perform regression testing on existing features and maintain resolution of previously solved bugs
- Contribute to QA process by proposing and implementing new test procedures and test plans according to black/white/gray box testing methodologies
- Analyze test logs/results to identify potential firmware bugs and perform root cause analysis of existing bugs and prepare written reports for firmware engineers to implement appropriate software fixes
- Generate and provide status reports to management and identify and communicate bottlenecks and resource limitations inhibiting development process
- Review and analyze PCB layouts, schematics, and BOMs to validate prototype designs and revisions, and identify any potential design flaws
- Exercise circuit design knowledge to help our team troubleshoot/repair damaged hardware while utilizing various electrical analysis equipment and machinery
- Travel to remote field test sites and customer sites to execute test plans and troubleshoot deployed devices
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field of study
- Experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with hardware or embedded devices
- Strong soldering skills and experience with electrical monitoring equipment required (multimeters, waveform generators, oscilloscopes)
- Experience utilizing PSPICE or ORCAD
- Knowledge of GPS and wireless data (Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) technologies and protocols
- Knowledge of JAVA, C or C++ programming in an embedded environment
- Knowledge of serial communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, USB)
- Keen interest/knowledge in golf and small motor vehicles is a plus
- Reading Comprehension – Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Time Management – Manage one’s own time and the time of others
- Active Listening – Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Critical Thinking – Use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active Learning – Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Independence – Ability to function independently
- Problem Solving – Must possess as problem solving mindset that is analytic and process driven
- Communication Skills – Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment
- The ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (8+ hours/day)
- The ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (with or without assistance)
- The ability to push, pull, bend, kneel, reach, stoop and crouch
- Specific vision abilities required by this job includes near, far, peripheral and depth and ability to adjust focus (with or without the use of corrective lenses)
- May travel to various domestic and international conferences or client sites, including overnight trips.
- Requires up to 20% travel
WHAT SYNCWISE OFFERS:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Incentive bonus compensation plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company sponsored events and casual work environment
- Community outreach programs
- Based on experience. Please contact [email protected] for more information to apply.
Only qualified applicants who submit all requested information will be considered. Only applicants selected for interview process will be notified. Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Activities, duties or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Relocation assistance is not provided. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. Visa sponsorship’s will not be considered. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Only qualified applicants, who submit all requested information, will be considered. Only applicants selected for interview process will be notified. Syncwise provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE